Thursday, August 1, 2013

Epic road trip

I know I said I would blog regularly, but Internet coverage has been spotty at best. So here are a few highlights from Nauvoo. 



We were able to go to the Nauvoo temple with my siblings, spouses and parents and my boys did baptisms. It was incredible. The spirit of that temple is amazing, like none other I've been in. I'm certain it's because of the sacrifices and dedication of the early saints to get the temple built at all costs. 

Love this statue of Joseph and Hyrum


The grandsons (we do believe in equal rights, we did get one of the girls too, I just don't have it on my phone)


Love this picture! I have seen Dave pull a handcart before. I was his "Ma" on pioneer trek many moons ago (that's a future blog post).


My hero, Emma Smith. There's a reason my daughter is named Emma.

Just a few highlights. LOTS more to come.

No comments: