Monday, July 11, 2011

A whole new world....

Have you ever done something to just tweak your normal routine that makes a big difference? I have discovered a whole new world with this one simple idea...

PAPER PLATES

You may ask yourself how paper plates have changed my world?? Well you see, I am the youngest child of 7 and have lots of great role models who are amazing Moms. My sis-in-law has always had the practice of using paper plates for lunch....actually any type of lunch/snack food. I don't know about you, but in the summer it seems like as soon as I get breakfast cleaned up in the morning, it's time for lunch and another mess.

I have adopted the paper plate philosophy this summer and I am telling you what...it has quite possibly changed my life...tear :) (Especially when your dishwasher has gone kaput and saving for a heavy duty one!). If you haven't tried it I would highly recommend!

What is a small change you have made in your routine/life that has made a big difference?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I have been using paper plates for years! If it doesn't require a knife, I am using paper. This summer I have started using paper towels if we have sandwiches for lunch, and they work perfectly.

My small change has probably been making my kids do more work around the house this summer!

howellblog said...

It would be the 2 dishwashers and 2 sets of washer/dryers in my new house...it wasn't really that much more cost, but I now stay caught up (most of the time) with my dishes and laundry! Also CROCK POT cooking is where it's at when you have a busy family.

chercard said...

oh the 2 dishwashers/washer/dryer sounds like heaven! 2 ovens would be great too!

The Ririe's said...

Lauralyn once told me that they only use paper on Sunday so that they have more time to spend with each other and less time doing dishes on their 'day of rest'.
Our new rule is that if I am preparing dinner (which I don't let my little ones help with yet) they need to be unloading and loading the dishwasher. If they want to eat, they have to help...I can hear my mom saying the same phrase to me growing up =)

chercard said...

love the paper idea on Sunday...I grew up using china and goblets on Sundays!

Amy said...

Just came across this blog of yours. And of course I'm in love with reading it! I seriously LOVE you, and your thoughts Cheryl! Always have, always will. Thanks for sharing! I miss you! AMY

chercard said...

Amy Hughes, you cute girl! I miss you too! Please lets get together sometime!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I wish I had a routine that was making my life easier. It seem just the opposite these days. I am complicating things! But, life it still good. I think I will make it even better and pick up some paper plates. :)