Monday, January 23, 2012

Mt. Baldy


Isn't this the cutest bald head you've ever seen? Remember this post about our friend Caleb who is battling cancer? Caleb has lost his hair this week due to the chemo and so we went to a "head shaving" party on Saturday with some other friends. Lots of boys and men shaved their heads to show their support for this incredibly brave boy.


This is a picture at church yesterday. 27 men and boys. Didn't know that so many bald men could make me misty eyed. Such a showing of compassion and love. There are many more who aren't in this photo. I am so sorry that this horrible thing is happening to the LeBaron family, but I love what it is doing for our ward. Such a feeling of love and unity as we do our best to support and strengthen them. They are amazing, most of the time they have smiles on their faces and have such faith. I think I would be curled up in the fetal position having to watch my child be tortured like that.
Thank you to the LeBaron family for your incredible examples and for letting us participate in your miracle.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I really think that what our ward went through with Cade is what made us feel so unified and the best ward in the stake...that's right...you heard me...THE BEST WARD IN THE STAKE!!!
Great picture!

chercard said...

bring it Rachael! :)

Sarah said...

I couldn't agree MORE with Rachael! Although I will admit that Mountain Shadows seems to be a close second.

All those men and boys look great!