So here are 42 things about me:
1. I am the youngest of 7 children by 6 years, I am 16 years younger than my oldest sibling. I have great friendships with my siblings and feel so blessed to have them as mentors and role models in parenting and life.
2. I have 26 nieces and nephews, I am a great aunt 11 times with 4 more due this year
3. I became an aunt at age 8, my nieces and nephews are more like younger siblings
4. I am naturally an introvert but have worked hard to become more outgoing
5. I still like my solitude and recharge my spirit by being alone
6. I like small groups, not a fan of big crowds (see #5)
7. I like in depth, meaningful conversations
8. I love keeping in touch with old friends
9. I love music, almost all kinds but I really dislike hard rock and rap
10. I love to teach, especially about the gospel or about the family
11. When Dave was going to BYU and we had a little Nathan, I was an adjunct instructor at UVSC (now UVU) and I loved it!
12. I would love to teach at a community college again someday (except I would have to go get my masters)
13. I love helping others and taking dinners to people is one way I enjoy serving
14. I am a morning person and really love taking a walk and watching the sunrise (although I don't do it as often as I should)
15. I love to read, however I am realizing that the books I like to read are "real life" stories and biographies and historical fiction.
16. I am not a fantasy or sci-fi fan in my book selections
17. I like TV, but don't watch that often. I like old shows like MASH and the Cosby Show. I like new shows like Modern Family and Parenthood. I like to laugh and have TV be an escape
18. I am 3 years and 4 months older than my husband
19. I met him when I was 14 and he was 11
20. I was good friends with his older sister Becky (we were locker partners in 10th grade)
21. I was his Ma on Pioneer trek when I was 19 and he was 15. I did not have a crush on him as we would lead you to believe, but I did think he was a great, hard working kid who treated the girls in our family with great respect and loved helping others.
22. We started dating 3 months after he got home from his mission and were married 9 months after he got home from his mission
23. I first noticed his smile and his eyes, and his soccer playing legs
24. I swore I would never have a whirlwind courtship
25. We celebrate 17 years of marriage this August
26. I always wanted a big family, so did Dave, when we got married he said he wanted 8.
27. I literally had as many children as my body would allow and would have loved a couple more if I could have. I had 2 miscarriages, one before Nathan and one before Drew
28. My dreams when growing up were to have a handsome husband who treated me well,have a gaggle of kids and be a stay at home Mom
29. I am living my dream
30. I am allowing myself to pursue other dreams now as well, I bought a guitar and am pursuing becoming a Power of Moms trainer so I can teach Moms and families how to become the best they can.
31. I love nature and being out in it. I miss living in Utah with it's gorgeous mountains and scenery. Every time we are there I wonder why we aren't living in it's beauty.
32. I am working on getting healthier. I am eating much better, only having sugar and soda once a week and am starting to exercise again.
33. I have a strong testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, I know he makes up for my weaknesses and sins and loves me no matter what I do. I feel his presence regularly in my life.
34. When I woke up in the morning as I was growing up, I would walk upstairs and most days I would find my Mom studying the scriptures at our dining room table, she truly is a scholar of the gospel and I hope my children remember that of me too and I hope to gain the same knowledge she has
35. I really, really dislike raisins and olives (my Mom taught me you don't use the word hate)
36. I LOVE Mexican, Chinese and Thai food
37. I love to sing and wish I had a chance to do it more
38. I am looking forward to our "epic" road trip this summer with my kids. Two weeks in the car heading to Nauvoo and other church history spots. It will make memories my kids will remember for life (at least those older than 3). I hope nobody gets maimed in such close quarters.
39. In five years I will have a missionary out (hopefully), my youngest will be 8, I will be married for 22 years and I will be healthy, happy and hopefully teaching in some way.
40. I don't have any gray hairs yet, I know I color my hair, but ask my hairdresser...no gray yet
41. I am grateful for every one of my 42 years and the experiences and wisdom I'm gaining.
42. I used to look at people who were 42 as old....I don't think I'm old.
As a birthday gift to me, please COMMENT on this post and tell me something about you. I know more people read this than comment (I get the stats people). Please tell me something about you, I LOVE comments, just humor this old lady :)