I have learned so many life lessons lately from various experiences...here are just a few.
- Go to the funeral or viewing. It doesn't matter if you knew the person who died, if you love their family just go. It means so much.
- Exercise...it does a mind good. I have completely different day when I exercise than when I don't, even my kids notice.
- Go outside, dig in the dirt, play with kids, get that natural vitamin D. It makes such a difference in my mentality when I spend time outside daily.
- When someone's name pops into your head randomly, call them or go see them or write them a note. It's not a coincidence you thought of them.
- Snuggle with kids in the morning, even if you think you don't have the time, do it. It can change your whole morning.
- Play freeze tag in the front yard when your 6 year old asks (even if the neighbors stare), you will have a blast and she will talk about it for days after...
- Preserve the relationship at all costs, relationships are forever, schoolwork and scouts are temporary
- Make sure your kids know you are on their team, that you are their #1 ally.
- Raise the praise, minimize the criticize. I have to learn this one over and over again. I think I so much want for my kids to be their best selves that I focus on the things that they aren't doing, when in reality they are absolutely fantastic kids and I need to let them know I believe that about them.