Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lessons learned....



I have learned so many life lessons lately from various experiences...here are just a few.
  • Go to the funeral or viewing.  It doesn't matter if you knew the person who died, if you love their family just go.  It means so much.
  • Exercise...it does a mind good.  I have  completely different day when I exercise than when I don't, even my kids notice.
  • Go outside, dig in the dirt, play with kids, get that natural vitamin D.  It makes such a difference in my mentality when I spend time outside daily.
  • When someone's name pops into your head randomly, call them or go see them or write them a note.  It's not a coincidence you thought of them.
  • Snuggle with  kids in the morning, even if you think you don't have the time, do it.  It can change your whole morning.
  • Play freeze tag in the front yard when your 6 year old asks (even if the neighbors stare), you will have a blast and she will talk about it for days after...
  • Preserve the relationship at all costs, relationships are forever, schoolwork and scouts are temporary
  • Make sure your kids know you are on their team, that you are their #1 ally.
  • Raise the praise, minimize the criticize.  I have to learn this one over and over again.  I think I so much want for my kids to be their best selves that I focus on the things that they aren't doing, when in reality they are absolutely fantastic kids and I need to let them know I believe that about them.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a great list. I agree. I love that last quote "raise the praise, minimize the criticize." I definitely need to work on that one.
As much as I lament the wrinkles on my face, I do cherish the wisdom that comes with age.
Thanks for sharing your list, Cheryl. Have a great week.

Tiffany said...

You are sooo wise! I'm so excited to spend some time with you this next weekend.

The Hatch Family said...

Thank you so much for this list:)

Sarah said...

You are such a good mama!

Shannon Brown said...

This is such a great list! I loved every single one. Thank you so much for sharing!