Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 1 year ago...kids could see their baby brother through a window but hadn't seen him in person yet.




On this "Mother's Day Eve" as one of my kids called it tonight...I wanted to share some thoughts from Women's Conference:




From Sister Beck, who is amazing..one of my favorite speakers ever!



She spoke very directly to Mother and the women of the church:




Don't confuse holding the priesthood and priesthood duties to the Power of the priesthood...




We as women can call on the power of the priesthood in our homes




God's power should be in our lives EVERY MINUTE!




Priesthood duty of women is the create life and nurture and teach



Some are shirking responsibility


Having children and how many to have is a GOSPEL decision

not financial, not convenience oriented and not driven by the world's opinion.




Creating, nurturing, teaching and influencing are non-negotiable responsibilities




Homemaking and motherhood duties can be works of beauty and importance if we have the right perspective.





Am I aligned with the Lord's vision of me and what he gave me in the pre-existence


or am I trying to escape my responsibilities?









Antidote for entitlement...that someone owes me something:




Think of the Savior and his sacrifice and remember who owes who what!








Go to the temple and pay attention!




Prepare yourself to receive God's message for YOU!




Do the things in your life that prepare your heart and mind to hear God's voice that is specific to you.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great reminder -- I wish I would have thought to look for all the reference to women and mothers in GC for yesterday.

Kerri said...

"Having children and how many to have is a GOSPEL decision

not financial, not convenience oriented and not driven by the world's opinion.

Creating, nurturing, teaching and influencing are non-negotiable responsibilities

Homemaking and motherhood duties can be works of beauty and importance if we have the right perspective."

I love this. Thank you! I wonder if her talk is available online??

chercard said...

It will be online soon I am sure. You can go the the BYU Women's Conference website and look under transcripts. Last time I checked it wasn't available. yet.