Friday, May 20, 2011

How to help your wife turn 40 (gulp)


Okay here we go again (1st post somehow got deleted). Most of what my husband did, didn't cost much $$. It was really the thought that counted this time....here are a few things that he did:

  • He said when you turn 40 you get "Birthday Week" and he did little things for me all week such as:
  • Putting kids to bed so I didn't have to
  • giving me 40 hershey's kisses and hugs
  • writing 40 love notes that told me what he loved about me and hiding them around the house for me to find (my favorite thing he did all week....I am still finding them)
  • He had all of my siblings and all of his, plus both sets of parents write me a letter. They were so fun to read...they were filled with fun memories, uplifting thoughts and great advice.
  • He LISTENED to what I wanted...I didn't want a surprise party or black balloons, headstones etc. I wanted a small get together with close friends.
  • He was supportive and made me laugh...this was a hard birthday for me and he was sweet and helped me laugh my way through it.
  • He did give me new scriptures on my birthday which I have been wanting. My main gift was my weekend away the end of April.
  • He gave me TIME...he stayed home from work and made me breakfast (he is usually gone by 6 a.m.), he also came home early from work on my bday (much to my surprise). He also took 2 days off work so I could have a fun getaway with my sisters and mom.
I have such a wonderful, thoughtful husband and I realize more and more how blessed I am!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Letters from all siblings, and parents?!!! Very impressive. I wouldn't mind finding love notes around the house. Even just one would suffice.

Utah Mom said...

What a sweet guy. Happy birthday.

The Ferre Family said...

Cheryl, I can't believe you didn't mention the forty cans of diet coke :)! Now that's like true love in a can...