Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hi, My name is Cheryl and I have...

(now this is contentment)

A contentment problem brought on by Pinterest (maybe I'll sue). Pinterest is a fun website that is basically a "virtual bulletin board" of ideas/websites. Very fun and addicting. But I found as I looked more and more at it that I became very discontent with my home/furniture/ kitchen cabinets /wardrobe/creativity/talents. It was not a good thing for me. I still go there occasionally for recipe ideas/kid activities/halloween costume ideas/Christmas neighbor gift ideas and have gotten some great stuff from it...but I have scaled back big time.

Instead today I am going to focus on what I DO have and what I am grateful for! So here goes:

1.I have a child who is extreme in everything he does. He is either extremely happy and delightful.....or not. And I am grateful that for the most part he has been very delightful lately! I think much of it is due to this decision for which I am not taking credit....the thought that I needed to have him repeat did not come from me, but from a Higher power who knows him better than I....so grateful he is feeling successful and happy.

2. Norwex cleaning products...they are seriously awesome and for the most part I am cleaning/sanitizing my house without chemicals. I think I might love the dryer balls the most. No longer do I need fabric softener or dryer sheets to have static free laundry! But I also love the cloths that sanitize with just water and clean my windows and mirrors with absolutely NO STREAKS.

3. Grateful for 70 and 80 degrees.

4. My daughter has been a "mommy" from the moment she was born. She mothers everyone in the house (including me). Today she had her dolly whom she has named "Blue Baby" (nothing to do with a heart condition :) and she told me I have my "blue baby" (my 18 month old) and she has her "blue baby" and we are both Mommy's to our babies. Made me smile and my heart swell with love for her innate nurturing soul.

5. Life after death. I know it exists, I know those whom we love that have passed are close by, just in a different place. We lost a beloved aunt this week in a very unexpected way and it has driven home again the knowledge that we just move on to a different place and wait for a reunion on the other side.

6. Health and a husband who provides so well for us.

7. Parents...I am so blessed to have wonderful parents..both biological and in-laws. Such amazing people and wonderful examples for my children to look up to. They have given me such a rock solid foundation for life for which I am eternally grateful.

Now i feel better in spite of getting on Pinterest today :) Actually reading "mommy blogs" can do it to me too. Those who portray life as perfect...their appearance/home/children/meals etc. I hope to portray my life as "real" but still wonderful and that I am so grateful for it!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I especially appreciated reading #5 and #6. I'm very thankful for those things too. Gratitude is good for the soul. :)