Today we celebrate being married 15 years! We were taught by amazing parents how to have a successful marriage, my parents have been married 50+ years and Dave's parents 40+. Here are some things I learned from both sets of parents....
2. Stick together through thick and thin...just found out today that I live in the Divorce capital of the U.S....something to not be proud of!
3. SERVE your spouse
4. Work together
5. Laugh a lot, have a sense of humor
6. Nourish your marriage through dates, time away from children, couple vacations....
7. Only talk positively of your spouse to others...don't air dirty laundry to friends/family etc
8. Rely on your faith through thick and thin, make God the 3rd partner in your marriage
9. Choose your love.....Love your choice!
Can't say I do all these perfectly, but I sure try to make this marriage the best one I know how! Thanks Moms and Dads for your amazing examples to us!