Friday, August 19, 2011

People lover

Recently I have reunited with a couple of different groups of old friends (by old I don't mean their age! :) I love keeping in touch with people from my past, in fact you could say it's one of my hobbies. Once I make a friend, we are friends for life and I want to know how they are, what they are doing etc.... This is why I love facebook (maybe a bit too much) because I can reconnect and keep in touch with friends from long ago.

This picture is when I went to dinner one of those groups of friends. We worked together at a girls camp 20 years ago together. The camp was only 3 months and we had a couple of months of training beforehand, but the bond we created there and the true friendships I made there are strong for life. It is amazing that 3 months can change your life for the better and give you deep, true relationships. When we got together for dinner it felt like no time had passed at all, there was no awkward silence, (in fact for the customers around us there was probably awkward loudness!), we jumped in like no time had passed at all. I love these ladies and know they have my back and are such a great support system. We have created our own little private group on facebook and it feels like we live around the corner from each other.

I also did lunch with some friends I served with in the church many years ago. Honestly it feels like I served with them 2 years ago, but it's been 7 or 8 years...how time flies! All of us have been through some pretty major trials in the last few years and it was so good to reconnect and visit with them...they are fun and deep and amazing!

I have so many wonderful, close, true friends in my life. I am so very blessed to have had so many incredible people be my friends.

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”

JJTK31


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great talent you have, Cheryl, for making and keeping friends. I've been reading a lot of books lately about the loneliness women feel because we don't do as well making time for friendships in our lives.