Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pressure cooker....



Being a parent is not easy...and that is an understatement! We are in the process of making some decisions regarding one of our children that will literally affect him for the rest of his life. That is a LOT of pressure! When did I become mature enough to assume this responsibility? When did my kids get old enough that these decisions affect them so much? Time flies by and my kids are making choices and we are making choices that will affect them for life!



I have 6 older siblings and they have all said that parenting older children is harder than parenting younger ones. I used to question that a bit, but now that mine are getting older I think I see where they are coming from! When you are parenting tiny ones it is totally physically exhausting. You aren't getting enough sleep, you are in constant motion, you are filling all of their physical needs. But as they get older that diminishes and the difficulty becomes emotionally, mentally and spiritually.


As my husband and I together make some choices about our kids, we are relying on our faith and guidance from above to make these choices. I pray we make the right one!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That post is leaving us all hanging...sounds like you have a huge decision to make and I;m totally curious!!!!